Monday, February 8, 2010

the good, the bad, the sunburnt

two days, two blogs. for realzz. i'm starting with the bad. cuz it really sucked.

so i woke up this morning ssuuuupper pumped. kelso, laura, and i made plans to go to a winery and i woke up just really excited to be here. so i got dressed, put my camera in my bag along with my other things and peaced out. went to the bank, got on the micro (the bus system) and thought "oh shucks. i'm early to meet laura and kelsey. let's go order starbucks in spanish." so i did. while there, i realized my camera was no longer in my purse. shit. seriously shit times about a hundred thousand shits. i hailed a cab back to my dorm and ravaged the dorm. then watched as yvonne and daphne did the same. nothing. the lesson from this is: there are assholes everywhere. my camera was FOUR days old, super nice, and my birthday present from my mom since i'll be gone for my birthday this year. i was upset, and i'm still pretty mad about it. i called my mom, which was actually nice in a way to just use a phone and talk to her. at this point, i realize that i can't be upset because there was nothing i could do. i was careful, kept my bag in front of me, and yet still did not manage to feel someone putting their hand in my bag. the fact that i can't remember someone even touching me makes it hard to believe i was actually pickpocketed. it feels like the camera will just show up somewhere...but i know that's not going to happen. i mean i'm thankful that my wallet wasn't taken because that would have been a way bigger hassle. but it still pretty majorly sucks. not the way i wanted to start out my trip, although i know that could have happened in any big city in the world. bye bye birthday present...

anyways, after i calmed down a bit with the help of kelsey and laura (seriously guys thank you SO much for being there today), we headed out for our wine trip. according to kelsey's tour book, there was a tour at 1:00. We showed up at one and learned they changed their tour times. of course. so we waited around for, ya know, an hour and a half. which was still fun because we got to take cheesy senior pictures and enjoy the sun. finally our (english) tour started, and it was just the three of us plus our tour guide, david. he was super cool and actually goes to school in santiago so we got his number for when he's in town. and then we'll all add him on facebook as well. haha. but the tour was really fun and the wine tasting was great. however, considering none of us had eaten since early in the morning, we got a little giddy afterwards. by this time, i was burning to a crisp as well. in my frenzy of searching my room for my stolen camera, i accidentally left my sunscreen behind. so i'm just a weeee bit red after spending the day in 90 degree heat. ay.

so that was my day. without the pickpocketing incident, it would have been pretty perfect. i just wish i had my camera back :/

No comments:

Post a Comment